Modern Whimsial Nursery
Anything design related is right up my alley so when I was able to take my styling skills away from weddings + into my own home, you bet I went all out. Especially for my tiny human who was on his way. He was my best client, ever.
Inspiration boards are my forte + favorite. I create several of them for my wedding clients on a daily basis to help bring ideas to life. It's also something I absolutely LOVE doing. The visual aspects a vision board creates is the perfect start to any creation you have rolling around in your busy brain.
Recently, I was thankful enough to have my nursery featured on Project Nursery + share all my inspiration, design details + more! If you missed it, check out the feature HERE.
Looking to create our black + white whimsical nursery? Here are some good tips to get you started:
1. Patterns! Black + white, well is B+W... Sometimes not bringing much "life" to the table. So, incorporating patterns with this color scheme is really great way to get this combo busy.
2. Throw is a contrasting color. Keep it minimal. I chose brown. "Black and brown don't go together, blah blah blah." YES. They do. It was the perfect off color + it helped to pull out the other brown tones floating around (I.e. Wood on the crib + the cutest sloth ever).
3. Keep your walls white! It doesn't only make the space look bigger, it also allows also you to decorate with some black accents or frames without it being too much on the walls. Plus, if you paint the walls the entire "contrasting" color, you now lost the whole B+W theme you had going on.
4. Sometimes B+W can be to masculine or bold. It is a baby nursery, so add some sweet touches to lighten the mood. I hung a chandilier to give it the perfect touch of baby elegance.
5. Personalize + get creative with it! This is such a sentimental place in your home, for obvious reasons. Make it extra special by adding some personal touches (I.e. I framed my wedding letter from my husband + added some sweet quotes in bold frames that hang on the wall).